In today's world people from all walks of life find counselling helpful
Counselling is different from talking with friends and family. It is often helpful to consider how many times you have tried to share a problem with a someone and they have replied with all the things that they think you should say or should do and the result is that you feel even more misunderstood. Although they mean well, their advice just does not help you. This is because a lot of people believe they can help by telling you what they think you should do which can result in you feeling even more more confused.
Therapy with a trained counsellor will provide:
- A safe, professional, and non-judgmental environment.
- Time and space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings whilst being fully accepted for where you are in your world.
- An opportunity to explore your life at your own pace within your time.
How does this help?
Counselling can allow a you to accept more of who you are as a person and re-connect with your own sense of self worth and values. It is this process of re connection with 'the self' that may assist you to find your own way forward. The process of counselling may help you see things more clearly, with a different perspective, enabling you to make the "right" choices for you. The counselling that I provide does not involve giving advice. I strongly believe that every human being is an expert in their own world and it is only themselves whom are able to make choices and decisions which are right for them.
Counselling can help with the following issues:
- Low self esteem
- Family Problems
- Relationship issues-both personal and at work
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Grief and Loss
- Panic Attacks
- Divorce or separation
- School or work related issues
- Issues about sexuality
- Gender Identity
- Post natal depression
- Family illness
- Child and parenting issues
- Emotional abuse
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Physical abuse
- Self harm
If you would like to in depth about the Person Centred Approach and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy I offer, please see'What is counselling'.